(Here is the end of the first known Lyft ride in Tacoma. Morgan Alexander with Lyft driver Titus, a licensed professional chauffeur driver, in front of Tacoma Brewing Company.)
Uber is already in 36 of the largest cities in the United States and 30 countries around the world.
- Atlanta Baltimore Boston Charlotte Chicago Cincinnati Columbus Dallas
- Denver Detroit Fresno Hamptons Honolulu Houston Indianapolis
- Jacksonville Los Angeles Madison Milwaukee Minneapolis Montreal
- Nashville New Jersey New York City Oklahoma City Orange County
- Palm Springs Philadelphia Phoenix Pittsburgh Providence Sacramento
- San Diego San Francisco Santa Barbara Seattle Toronto Tucson
- Washington D.C.
The ridesharing services delayed coming into Tacoma, because of Tacoma’s relatively small size.
However, now Lyft has expanded fully in the Puget Sound area and covers the region from Parkland in the south to Shoreline north of Seattle to the west as far as Bremerton and to the east as far as Sammamish and dozens of cities in between.
Here is their coverage map:
Below is an interview councilmember Ryan Mello gave with Kiro Radio recently in strong support of the ridesharing services coming to Tacoma.
.Here, Conan O’Brien demonstrates how to use Lyft, which is currently active in Tacoma:
Bonus video: How to use Lyft: